Whether you’re buying for a birthday, promotion or special event, you want your gift to be impactful. If you know your friend or family member is an amateur chef, then what better way to show your appreciation and recognition than by getting them a culinary-inspired gift?
These 25 gifts are sure to excite any home cook for years to come.
1. Personalized Grill SetEvery grill king needs a personalized grill set, perfect for flipping burgers and searing steaks. This box set includes all of the essential tools required to host a backyard BBQ, plus a handy glove and skewer set. The items are made of stainless steel, which means they’re resistant to corrosion and rust. You can choose between six design options to have laser engraved into the custom wood box which houses the tools.
2. Ninja Air FryerYou’ll need to do a bit of investigating before investing in an air fryer — after all, your gift recipient may already have the latest model if they love cooking appliances. However, if this machine staple is missing from their kitchen, you’re about to give a life-changing present. The Ninja Air Fryer can cook, crisp and dehydrate and comes in a glossy black design that is guaranteed to look sleek in any home. It has a wide temperature range from 105℉-400℉, which allows it to cook a wide variety of food to the perfect crispiness level. It also uses 75% less fat than traditional frying options, making it a healthy alternative to other cooking methods.
3. Food SubscriptionThe most experienced chefs know that the key to great food is letting the ingredients speak for themselves. Unfortunately, most people don’t have access to premium culinary ingredients, like Japanese wagyu, Maine lobster and French cheese. However, with the help of the internet, the world is more connected than ever before. With this in mind, why not gift your friend a premium food subscription which arrives at their doorstep monthly? Alternatively, you could also make a one-time food gift basket purchase and have it delivered in time for their special day.
4. Mercer Culinary Knife Block SetAnyone who loves to cook will tell you, a good knife makes prep work a breeze. Therefore, outdated unbalanced knives can really ruin the cooking experience. This Mercer set is frequently used in culinary schools and offers superior strength and durability. The ergonomic handles have a non-slip grip, are comfortable and offer a balanced design. This set of six comes in tempered glass block for stylish storage when not in use. While the price-tag may shock ordinary home cooks, these high-carbon knives are forged to withstand hot and cold temperatures and resist rust, corrosion and discoloration.
5. Sondiko Culinary TorchIf a home chef wants an impeccable presentation, they’ll need a culinary torch to provide the ideal amount of char. After all, the torched sugar topping is what makes creme brulee truly special. Without it, the fancy dessert would seem like an ordinary custard. The same principle applies to other impressive dishes like aburi nigiri. A culinary torch is a trusted staple for any amateur chef but an item many forget to purchase for themselves. It’s also reasonably inexpensive, which allows you to gift a thoughtful, practical item without breaking the bank.
6. Grater Mixing BowlTime is of the essence when preparing a diverse meal with many dishes. Anything that helps to simplify prep time is an absolute win in the gift department. This set of three stainless steel mixing bowls comes with unique lids that make grating a breeze. Each air-tight lid contains a removable piece where grater attachments can snap into place. This allows a chef to grate ingredients directly into a mixing bowl without worrying about making a mess.
7. Artcome Sushi Making KitAnyone who loves eating sushi needs a set to make it at home. This kit includes bamboo mats so chefs can make restaurant-quality rolls. It also has two sets of chopsticks and two serving platters and sauce holders. In essence, it’s everything a person would need to design a sushi feast at home. The design is aesthetically pleasing without distracting from the artful meal itself.
8. EXAU Lina Extra Virgin Olive OilExquisite extra virgin olive oil is the best gift to choose when you’re uncertain of what products a person already owns. A chef can put it to good use in any number of dishes regardless of their personal tastes or dietary preferences. EXAU Olive Oil names and dates each of its harvests, ensuring you’re getting the freshest collection possible. The 2020 harvest Lina is balanced and full-bodied with a spiced black pepper and walnut finishing taste.
9. Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision CookerHelp them step up their culinary game with a sous vide cooker. This version utilizes smart technology and connects with a phone app that allows the user to monitor the cooking process. The app also offers thousands of free recipes to try with the sous vide cooker. The device circulates water at a precise temperature to cook any food to the chef’s preferred doneness level. Ultimately it will open up a whole new realm of possibilities for your amateur chef.
10. Master Vintner Wine Starter KitIf they like to cook, they also might enjoy making wine from scratch. This starter kit includes everything they’ll need to begin their wine-making journey. The instructions and inclusive equipment line-up are straightforward, so beginners will feel like experts in no time. Get ready to introduce the world of comprehensive winemaking — they’ll have nearly everything they need to begin stocking a cellar.
11. Solido Rectangular Pizza StoneUnless there’s a pizza oven at their house, they’ll need a durable pizza stone to make the perfectly crisp crust that everyone loves. This stone can withstand temperatures up to 2000℉ and is safe for use in ovens, grills and BBQs. You can also make cookies or bread on this baking stone, so it’s multi-functional and useful even when not making pizza.
12. Custom Cookie StampFor the man who loves to bake, you can show your thoughtfulness — or humor — with this personalized cookie stamp. You can select the size and cutter style which best suits your needs. You’ll then need to send the seller an image of your artwork for them to make the personalized stamp. The artwork could be a logo, some words or an image — whatever you want!
13. Standing Stone Farms Cheese Making KitIt’s fun to cook and bake, and it’s even more exciting when you get to utilize ingredients you’ve made yourself. An amateur chef can create their favorite types of cheese with this comprehensive kit and try new recipes. It contains all of the ingredients they’d need — besides milk and cream — to create delicious cheese products.
14. RSVP Measure Conversion MagnetChefs need to follow detailed measurements when trying new recipes. While some people have memorized the conversion chart, many still get confused. With this gift, they’ll be able to quickly glance at the magnet to know the correct measurements rather than guessing or needing to look it up. It shows conversions for cups, fluid ounces, tablespoons, teaspoons and milliliters.
15. Vitamix E310 Explorian BlenderVitamix blenders are the Cadillac of kitchen appliances and a home cook’s dream gift. This E310 explorian model has 10 variable speeds, which allow the user to chop, blend and puree ingredients to the desired consistency. The 48-ounce container is the ideal size for making medium batches for friends and family. It also comes with a self-cleaning feature which makes end-of-day clean-up an absolute breeze.
16. AeroGarden Harvest Elite Herb KitEven users without green thumbs will be able to grow luscious herbs with this Harvest Elite herb kit. It comes with six pods and allows enough space to grow each herb simultaneously. With this design, amateur cooks can have all-natural chemical-free herbs any time of day. They can also choose to omit a variety and replace it with another plant type, like organic lettuce.
17. Blackstone Outdoor Propane Gas GriddleMany homeowners have a traditional charcoal or gas grill, but few have griddles like you would find in a hibachi restaurant. This outdoor propane griddle allows amateur chefs to whip together amazing recipes — like fried noodles — which would otherwise be impossible to make outdoors at home. It’s large enough to make several different dishes simultaneously, making it perfect for entertaining or making large family meals. It also has a simple shelf for resting cooking utensils and platters, which offers convenient storage.
18. Subscription to Fine Cooking MagazineA magazine subscription is a gift that will keep giving all year long. There’s a wide range of culinary magazines that you can choose between, but Fine Cooking Magazine is especially noteworthy because it’s geared towards serious cooks with a passion for fine foods. If it’s a gift you know they’ll love, consider splurging and buying a two or three-year subscription to save additional money off the retail value.
19. Masterclass Cooking LessonsHave you heard of Masterclass? It’s the online learning platform that is offering average folks the chance to learn from industry experts. Gordon Ramsay and Wolfgang Puck are two of the many masters who offer cooking lessons on Masterclass. Can you think of anything better than learning from legendary chefs who have decades of experience? With your gift, the recipient will gain access to the site, and new classes are added every month, so there’s always a chance to learn something new.
20. Farberware Salad and Produce SpinnerIt may not be the most stylish gift, but it’s certainly practical and will make any salad feel crisp and clean. It’s crucial to wash lettuce leaves since they may be covered with countless bacteria, dirt and pesticides. This salad spinner allows chefs to wash the ingredients and then spin off the excess water so the materials are dry once more. This particular version comes with a 5.25-quart basket and 6.65-quart bowl that can accommodate large meals.
21. Cosori Electric Gooseneck Bluetooth KettleThis electric kettle puts other models to shame because it’s the image of absolute convenience and luxury. You can control it using an app and Bluetooth technology, which means it’s possible to start boiling water while in another room. It also offers a baby formula mode and a wide range of temperature settings. If those features weren’t exciting enough, it can maintain the temperature after boiling from five to 60 minutes.
22. The Gourmet Sea Salt SamplerSalt is one of the most important ingredients for seasoning meals, so this sampler pack offers chefs a chance to spice up their traditional dishes. It comes with 16 individually labeled containers, each with a unique taste and origin. An informational brochure is also included to offer more details and suggested uses for each salt type.
23. Mueller Austria Adjustable MandolineMandolines offer maximum precision while prepping ingredients. This version comes with five ultra-sharp steel blades that are interchangeable. The patented-design makes slicing, julienning and grating simple, for even beginner cooks. It has a fully adjustable thickness setting and comes with a slicing guard to minimize risks and keep fingers safe. This product cuts ingredients at the same thickness, which ensures even cooking.
24. Personalized Handwritten Recipe Cutting BoardIf you’re hoping to give a sentimental gift, this cutting board is sure to impress. The seller will engrave a personalized handwritten message or recipe into a maple cutting board to create a one-of-a-kind product. You can choose to have the engraving on one side or the front and back. It’s the type of gift people cherish for a lifetime.
25. Instant Pot Duo Plus Pressure CookerWhy own nine different kitchen appliances when there’s one that can complete all nine tasks? The six-quart Instant Pot Duo is both a pressure cooker and a slow cooker. It also makes rice and can steam and saute ingredients. Quick one-touch cooking allows chefs to follow a pre-programmed setting or take a more customized approach. Everyone can appreciate a gift that cuts down cooking time without sacrificing quality.
Which Will You Choose?
With 25 exciting culinary-inspired gifts, which will you choose for your amateur chef? If you’re concerned they might already own the product you plan on buying, you can always include a gift receipt. It’s the thought that counts — and after opening your gift, they’ll only have thoughts of excitement.