4 Things To Consider When Buying Prescription Glasses As A Gift
Whenever you are buying a present for someone, you always want to make sure that you are giving them the best that you can find. You'd also want to make sure that they will like it and use it often. In the case of buying prescription glasses as presents, there are a lot of other things that you should consider before getting them. Since prescription glasses are things that are very personal and tailored to someone, you need to be very precise when purchasing one.
Here are some things you have to consider when buying prescription glasses as presents:
1. Make sure that it’s a stylish gift
Prescription glasses don’t have to be unfashionable; and since it’s a gift, you have to make sure that it’s stylish. The right frame should not only fit the style and head shape of the person you're giving the gift to, but it should also have the correct measurements. To speed up the process, you can get an old pair of glasses from the person you’re giving the gift to. Afterward, find a pair that has the same size and frame type. Check out firmoo.com for some awesome eyeglass frames.
You may also get glasses that have a different look or theme to it. For example, if you are going to a Harry Potter themed birthday party, you can get your friend Harry Potter glasses. Because of the theme, you have a hint that your friend is a Potterhead, and surely, they’ll enjoy a gift that has a reference to the theme of the party.
Just a safety tip, make sure that the glasses you buy has a return or gifting policy. So, if ever you still get the size or style wrong, the receiver of the present can have it exchanged for the correct frame size, lens size, and lens type.
2. Fit the occasion when giving prescription glasses as gifts.
By choosing to give prescription glasses as gifts, your gift will no longer be a surprise. Whether you are shopping online or in the mall, you will need a valid glasses prescription no more than a year old to be able to purchase prescription glasses. This means that you will need to bring the person you’ll be giving to gift to for an eye exam.
Since it won’t be a surprise anymore, it is a good gift to give to someone close to you on special milestone occasions. It’s best to give this as a gift when it’s your nephew’s graduation or award acceptance of your dad. Prescription glasses are also a good gift when your sister gets promoted to celebrate a new milestone. The glasses would mean more when given as a present because it represents some sentimental value in it.
3. Put in some interesting and fun accessories in your present
You don’t want to just give bare prescription glasses as presents. That’s boring. Instead, include a case and some accessories. If you really want to impress the person you’re giving the gift to, you can add some accessories to your gift. Here are some ideas that you might want to consider:
- Case – You can find customized or designed cases for your prescription glasses. It doesn’t have to be bought from the same store, and you can look for them in malls as well. You can also purchase cases with their names engraved in it.
- Cleaning Wipes – For those who have a hard time cleaning their glasses, you can add some pre-moistened lens cleaning wipes to your gift. This quickly removes dirt from lenses.
- Plush-Lined Eyeglasses Holder – If you notice the person always losing their glasses, you might want to consider getting them plush-lined eyeglass holders to keep the glasses in one place and avoid misplacing them. This kind of holder also protects your glasses from dirt and scratches.
- Anti-Slip Hook – The anti-slip hook are accessories that you can just clip onto the edges of your glasses. This is perfect for those who keep dropping their glasses.
- Glasses wax – You can also get a glass wax for your friend to apply to the nose bridge pads to keep it from slipping down their face. This will hold the glasses in place even though your skin gets oily.
- Reusable Microfiber Cleaning Brush – If your friend is always on the go, and there are microfiber cleaning brushes that can clean your lens on both sides. It's both convenient to bring around and easy to use.
- Stainless Steel Glasses Shirt Clips – For those who need to keep their glasses with them at all times, an excellent gift to keep them in place are stainless steel glasses shirt clips. Instead of having a string around your neck, you can use these clips on your shirt and just hang your glasses there.
4. Since it’s a present, go all out and get add-ons to make it more functional
When you're shopping around for some prescription glasses, you might find yourself seeing lots of features for prescription eyeglasses. These add-ons will cost a bit more, but they will significantly benefit the receiver of this gift. The price of the add-on will also vary depending on its purpose. You probably won't need every add-on, but here's a quick rundown on some options that you might stumble upon:
- Anti-Reflective Coating – This kind of coating will block reflections from light. In effect, it will make your eyes visible to others and reduce the glare.
- Oleophobic Coating – This kind of coating makes your lens oil-resistant and fingerprint proof as well. Your glasses will look cleaner, and this will lessen the times you have to take out your eyeglass cloth and clean your lens.
- Scratch-Resistant Coating – This kind of coating will prevent your glasses from being more susceptible to scratches. Although this will not completely remove the risk of scratching, this will lessen times it will get scratches.
- Ultraviolet Light/Rays Protection – Since UV lights can hurt the eyes, most shops offer a lens that block 100% of UV light.
- Blue Light Filter – This kind of coating will block blue light emitted from computer screens to give your eye some extra protection. Blue light can actually interrupt our sleep cycles and make our eyes tired.
- Polycarbonate and Trivex Lenses – For people who have higher lens grade, the lens becomes a bit heavier. By getting polycarbonate lenses, you can make the lens lighter for the person.
- Photochromic lenses or light-adjusting lenses – These kinds of lenses will darken when you are outside under the sun. Because of this, you will no longer need to wear sunglasses when you’re out. The lens already converts itself to sunglasses. Similarly, when you are indoors, it will automatically turn transparent again. Amazing, right?
It’s up to you which one you’ll be choosing to add to your present. Although all these features are amazing, it can cause a lot to be adding all of them. So, be wise and pick the necessary ones.
Once you have considered these things, the person who will receive your gift will be very impressed and touched since it works for them perfectly. This will show them how much you care and how much time and effort you put into it to find the perfect pair. Just follow this guide, and you’ll be able to get them the perfect pair of prescription glasses.
We hope you enjoyed our post on buying prescription glasses as presents, let us know your thoughts in the comments section or any great things you like to consider when buying prescription glasses for any occasion.
The Guys @ TheBroBasket.com